If someone drinks coffee, they most likely have a morning coffee routine down pat. Drinking a decent cup of coffee is a common way to start the day, whether they use a French press, cold brew, or a handmade latte. For more information please click on https://gallacoffeeblog.co.uk/ Even if they are a coffee connoisseur, they may not be aware of some of these interesting coffee facts.
- People will get more caffeine from drip coffee than espresso- Some people may believe that because espresso is so concentrated, it will provide them with more caffeine than plain drip coffee. A single espresso shot contains approximately 100 milligrams of caffeine, but a cup of drip coffee contains approximately 128 mg. Add a shot of espresso to their drip coffee to produce a red-eye cocktail if they want to take things to the next level.
- Light roast coffee contains more caffeine than a dark roast- While on the subject of caffeine myths, let’s bust another one. They may believe that bitter, dark coffee has the most caffeine, but this is not the case. Because it is roasted for a shorter period, light roast coffee contains higher caffeine.
- Coffee is high in antioxidants- If their coffee-loving parents taught them that coffee is good for them, they were not mistaken. The strong antioxidants in coffee can help protect their bodies from disease.
- Caffeine removed from decaf coffee is sold to soda manufacturers- Have people ever wondered what happens to the caffeine extracted from decaf coffee blends. It turns out that it’s very popular. Caffeine is sold to both soda firms and pharmaceutical companies.
- Is a tall drink still too much coffee for someone who can choose a short drink at Starbucks? Starbucks offers a short size that is smaller than a tall one.
- There is a Guinness World Record for the quickest time to drink a cup of coffee- many people relish each sip of our morning coffee. However, if they want to set a world record, they will barely taste the stuff. In 2019, Andre Ortolf of Germany set the record, downing a coffee in 4.35 seconds.
- Yes, there is a car that runs on coffee grounds- The so-called car-Buccino is a 1988 Volkswagen Scirocco that has been adapted to run on used coffee grounds. At the very least, it’s eco-friendly.
- If the price of the world’s most expensive coffee isn’t enough to put people off tasting kopi luwak, how about the fact that it’s commonly known as cat feces coffee? This coffee, believe it or not, is made from beans that have been digested by civet cats. It has been chastised for animal cruelty, and coffee is just not worth a $100-plus price tag.
- To watch coffee-makers, the world’s first webcam was constructed. Have people ever heard that Google Image Search was inspired by Jennifer Lopez’s classic green Versace gown? The invention of the webcam, it turns out, has a similar backstory. Researchers at the University of Cambridge installed a webcam in their computer lab to monitor the coffee maker so they wouldn’t stroll to the break area only to find an empty pot. After all, need is the mother of invention.